13 August 2009

Summer Update.

When my mother saw pictures of my apartment she commented that it looked so clean that I must be bored out of my mind. I’m not a cleaner. If you ever happen to come to my apartment and note how clean it is, it is almost guaranteed that it was my husband that did it.

That’s not to say I can’t clean. I just don’t like to clean. Occasionally I will pick up the place in the event someone is coming over. Or say, my favorite group of musicians is in town and I offer them a place to crash.

Other than that, I only clean because I’m upset. Anger makes the place sparkle. And lately my boredom has coupled with wanting the place to look good for El, so it’s nice.

Besides, I’ve taken care of my Summer To Do List and really don’t know what else to do.

Apart from the professional development and career things I needed to take care of this summer, I managed to:

Learn to Sew.

Pillows I made
This was my first venture and I managed to pull off some nice pillows. Made two hand-bags, too.


Cook More, and Completely Homemade.

photo.jpg
Chicken Pot Pie

Homemade teriyaki chicken
Chicken Teryaki

Peach salsa
Peach Salsa

Coconut macaroons
Coconut Macaroons


And then there was the dinner I held and prepared before my wedding reception...

Jen's Cooking Extravaganza Jen's Cooking Extravaganza
Jen's Cooking Extravaganza


Of course, there were dozens more things I should have captured, but didn’t manage to picture. I need to work on taking nicer pictures of my food, anyway. Getting better dishes and plating better. The having-people-over-for-dinner period of our newlywed lives is still to come. I’m ready to step up to the plate but only if it fits around derby practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment