28 February 2010

Apron: Sewing Design 1

I completed my first big official sewing project! I had every intention to make an apron from the start and sat on the fabric (which I couldn't walk away from) for a few weeks. Then on a day home from work due to headache, I began piecing things together and before I knew it the whole thing was done!



I tried to keep the top fairly traditional but a little bit contoured so it looked like 1) it was made for a lady, and 2) it isn't some bbq couture.



The skirt, which I'm rather proud of, features my first experience with pleats to give it a little kitchy 1950s flair.



And in whole, it is fit perfectly for me...including the low pockets for my long frame. More decorative than useful, there may come a time they come in handy.

Apron: sewing design 1

No comments:

Post a Comment